Monday, 13 May 2013

80 years

You may recall in my previous post that I recently have had the privilege of decorating a function room for a particularly significant celebration.

I can now tell you that it was for my Dad's 80th birthday, and that the shindig, which took place last night, went off!  We all went to great lengths to make the bash memorable.  A particular highlight was the cake, which my sister had ordered from Crafted3.  It featured a particularly 'Dad-ish' photo of him with his vegie crops, surrounded by dear little icing pumpkins!


For my decorations, I went all out and ordered some gorgeous handmade bunting from Crabtree Lane in the UK.  It fitted the bill perfectly, being bespoke and in vintage colours.  Claire Mills at Crabtree Lane was more than accommodating, sending us examples of colours for us to choose.


Here is a close up of the bunting fabrics we chose . . .


And here is the bunting in situ at Dad's party last night.  The bunting received lots of favourable comments for the way it made the room so festive!

I also ordered a personalised birthday banner from Little Dance Invitations, which also went down well!


To personalise the banner, we sent Little Dance a photo of Dad as a baby, and they were happy to make the banner whatever colour/style we wished.   I was very pleased with the result, particularly the retro font!

Finally, I turned my mind to retro-look table centrepiece floral arrangements.  As my daughter is getting married later this year, we already had a florist in mind - Virginia from Rockabilly Floral Lane.

After ordering some perfect green vases from the Pink Frosting website, Virginia made four of these gorgeous arrangements for us.


All in all, it was truly a momentous occasion - you only turn 80 once! - and I was so pleased and proud to be able to contribute to the ambience of Dad's big day.

Nandina

No comments:

Post a Comment