Friday, 19 July 2013

One cold, windy day . . .

Hallo, I hope you are well.

Today we Canberrans are experiencing some pretty wild and woolly weather.  It is very windy, with squalls of rain and hail interspersed with brief periods of sunshine.  According to the Bureau of Meteorology, right now, at 2:15pm, it is 9.7 degrees Celsius, but with an apparent temperature of 0.3.  Goodness me.  

But it's Saturday, so it can't be all gloom!  After my usual weekly housework blitz, I sat down in front of the fire to finish crocheting a cushion cover for this chair.


Here is what I have done so far . . . I have simply crocheted two circles, making each one a bit different so I can reverse the cushion as the mood takes me.


I am still mulling over how to join up the two circles.  I am thinking about a buttoned opening, so it can be removed from time to time.  

Also today, during a brief sunny moment, I popped into the back garden to take a picture of my daffodils.  They have opened this week!  


There's nothing like these cheery golden blooms to gladden the heart in the depths of winter.

Strangely, as you can see below, I am still waiting for my 'Erlicheer' jonquils to open.



Last year, and the year before, they were 'early', as intended, opening a good while before the daffs showed their faces.   But not this year.  It's been an unusual season.

Sometime in the next week or so, I want to share with you something I have also been working on.  It's not ready yet, but I can tell you that it is inspired by this picture . . .


More to come once I have got to a stage where it is presentable!

Have a sunshiny day!

Nandina

No comments:

Post a Comment