Monday, 23 December 2013

The last minute gift

Despite (technically) being a grown up, I can't help getting that little bubble of excitement in my tummy on Christmas Eve!

Last night I finally finished my last gift - a lavender cotton scarf as a stocking filler for one of my darling girls.   Phew, I made it!


I found the pattern (via Ravelry), here.  It is called 'Easy one-skein scarf'.  It has been a sheer delight to crochet, being simple, fast and rather pretty.


As is my wont, I modified the pattern slightly, to accommodate the yarn I wanted to use and my personal preference for odd numbered motifs (I personally find that odd numbers look more balanced).


[For technical details of the changes I made to the original pattern, see * at the end of this post!]


The perfect gift.


A happy and healthy Season to you and yours.

Nandina

* Changes I made to the original pattern: I used 8 ply (double knit) cotton, not 10 ply yarn (8 ply being the standard yarn width in Australia), and crocheted three motifs across, not four.
I made the starting chain using a 4.5 mm hook then used a 3.5 mm for the rest of the scarf.  My starting chain was 12 ch plus a turning chain of 3,.  For the remainder of the turning chains I only did 2 ch, as it seemed to sit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment